Spouses | Southwestern College Professional Studies

Bachelor and Master Degrees from Southwestern College - Professional Studies

Fall Session 3 classes begin November 5  Apply Today!

Call Now 1.888.684.5335 or Email Us



Southwestern College is committed to supporting and providing quality and affordable degree programs to military spouses. Southwestern College offers several portable degree programs including Bachelor’s degrees in Nursing, Elementary and Early Childhood Education (license), Master's degrees in Teaching (secondary license), Curriculum and Instruction, Special Education (Functional and Adaptive) and a Doctorate of Education. Active duty military spouses are also eligible for our military discount of $250 per credit hour for undergraduate programs.

Military spouses pursuing careers that require a licensure or certification may be eligible for the Department of Defense’s (DoD) Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program.

Helpful Information

MyCAA Guidelines

Prior to requesting MyCAA financial assistance (FA), military spouses are required to develop an Education and Training (E&T) Plan and upload it to their MyCAA Account for approval by a MyCAA Career and Education Consultant. This package may contain several pages of information.

Required information:

  • Correct name of school and campus location
  • School’s website URL (for plans that are copied from a school website)
  • All courses (or the block of study) for which MyCAA financial assistance will be used (include course names/titles/codes). 

NOTE: Only courses listed in the spouse’s Education & Training (E&T) plan will be approved for MyCAA funding. Be sure to list a range of possible “elective” courses that meet academic requirements. Once approved, spouses cannot add additional courses to their plan.

Acceptable Source Formats:

  • School letterhead with program of study course information, or
  • School brochure with program of study course information, or
  • School’s course catalog (pertinent pages only) that clearly identifies school name, or
  • School’s website (pertinent pages only) that clearly identifies school name (e.g. URL), or
  • School’s Student Education Plan with program of study information

Acceptable File Formats:

  • Word Document (.doc)
  • Excel Spreadsheet (.xls)
  • PDF (.pdf)
  • Web Archive (.mht) (Only works with Internet Explorer)

NOTE: Once spouses have uploaded their plan into their MyCAA Account, a MyCAA Career and Education Consultant will review and approve the E&T Plan to confirm it:

  • Leads to a recognized license, certificate, certification or Associate’s degree (not in General Studies or Liberal Arts).
  • Contains coursework that will help the spouse pursue gainful employment in a Portable Career Field and Occupation.

Spouses will receive a notice in their MyCAA Account Message Box when their plan is approved. Approval can take up to 14 calendar days. Remember to request MyCAA financial assistance (FA) on a course-by-course basis after the E&T plan is approved and course start/end dates are known.

MyCAA Resources

If you have questions or comments, please contact the MyCAA School & Program Support Team at 888.256.9920 or MyCAASchools@militaryonesource.com.

New Learner Scholarship