GI Bill® | Southwestern College Professional Studies

Bachelor and Master Degrees from Southwestern College - Professional Studies

Spring Session 1 classes begin January 7  Apply Today!

Call Now 1.888.684.5335 or Email Us

GI Bill®

GI Bill®

Applying for GI Bill® benefits:
Fill out VA application form:

  • VA Form 22-1990 – First time users.
  • VA Form 22-1995 – If benefits have been used at another school or changing degrees/majors.
  • Send a copy to the school’s certifying official.
  • When you receive the Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, send a copy to the school’s certifying official. This will inform you how many months of benefits you have.

Using CH 30, CH 1606, or CH 1607

At the end of each month you will need to verify the hours the school’s certifying official has certified. You may do that by:

  • Going to the VA website
  • Click to apply for GI Bill®
  • Click on verifying attendance tab.
  • Set up your account.
  • Once VA has updated their information from the school’s certification your account will be activated.
  • You may also call 1.877.823.2378 to verify the hours certified.
  • The VA will pay you directly.
  • You are responsible for paying the school for your tuition.

Using Post 9-11/CH 33

  • Your percentage of eligibility depends on your length of active duty service after 11 September 2001.
  • You do not need to verify your hours with the VA.
  • The VA pays the school directly for the tuition.
  • The VA will pay you directly for the book stipend.
  • The VA will pay you directly for the BAH if eligible.
  • If you are not eligible for 100% of the benefit, you are responsible for what the VA does not pay for tuition.

Enrollment Certifications

Our process for certifying all VA students has recently changed. All VA students will be certified during the second week of each term after the drop/withdrawal period has closed. If a learner is enrolled in consecutive terms, the certification will cover all the terms in that time period. Example: If the learner is enrolled in Summer 01 and Summer 02, both terms will be certified together.

Below are two fillable VA applications. You may also go to the VA website and fill them out through VONAPP using the same form numbers. If you complete the application from the VA site you MUST print a copy and send to