Online programs that fit your schedule: Fall Session 1 classes begin August 10 Apply Today!

Army Army Army


Military Friendly Silver 2020

cas-logo.jpg College of the American Soldier

Southwestern College is proud to be a part of the College of the American Soldier. The College of the American Soldier (CAS) works in conjunction with GoArmyEd and colleges whose degrees participate in the Career Noncommissioned Officer (NCO) Degrees Program.

CAS expands existing civilian higher education degree choices to provide Career NCOs with broad preparation degree options not tied to a specific MOS and that:

  • Provide flexibility in degree completion time
  • Maximize credit transfer between colleges
  • Maximize college credit for military training and education
  • Minimize academic residency requirements
  • Provide business and management-related degrees

The Three-Step Process to Receive Tuition Assistance for Your College Education as an Army Member

In order to qualify for Tuition Assistance, all soldiers must:

1. Visit their installation’s education center and create a GoArmyEd” account.
2. Apply for the benefit on the GoArmyEd portal 
3. Fill out and submit the Southwestern College Enrollment Application.

All service members eligible must coordinate with education advisors, ESOs, or counselor within their military service PRIOR to enrolling to obtain approval for TA.

Transcript Information

Information regarding Joint Services Transcripts

Southwestern College will accept up to 64 credits from your Joint Services Transcript (JST). Once you have enrolled in GoArmyEd, Southwestern College will automatically request an official copy of your JST. You can also access your JST online.

Please note: Southwestern College requires students submit official transcripts from each university they have attended within eight weeks of starting classes.

Official Transcripts can be mailed to:

Southwestern College
ATTN: Registrar’s Office
100 College St.
Winfield, Kansas 67156

Not sure where to start?

Our admissions counselors are here to help Admissions Counselors