Academic Success Coaching
Every learner at Southwestern College Professional Studies is assigned an academic success coach (ASC), who will be your support throughout your academic program. Your ASC plays a critical role in the your educational journey, serving as your supporter, interpreter and guide while working toward degree completion.
You can expect your coach to:
- Understand and effectively communicate SCPS’s policies and procedures in relation to curriculum, enrollment and graduation requirements
- Encourage and guide you to establish realistic goals and accept responsibility for your educational success
- Support you in the venture of life-long learning, by communicating the purpose of higher education and how higher education impacts lives
- Support SCPS in providing you, the non-traditional learner, educational opportunities that allow for full-time employment and life commitments
- Monitor and provide accurate interpretation (degree plans) of your academic progress
- Initiate and maintain open communication with you via telephone, e-mail, live chats and other such communication devices
- Maintain confidentiality
Academic Success Coaches
Business Quality Management, Operations Management, and Computer Programming
Toll-Free Phone: 888.684.5335 ext 3375
Damien earned his bachelor’s degree in sports communication and master’s degree in organizational leadership from Newman University. He also has an associate’s degree from Butler Community College. Damien is eager to help learners accomplish their academic goals. In his spare time, he enjoys staying active, watching NBA games, and spending time with family and friends.
Graduate Certificates, Human Resource Development, Strategic Leadership, Master’s in Leadership, Master’s in Management, MBA, Master’s in Security Administration, Graduate Special Education, Master of Curriculum and Instruction, Master of Arts in Teaching, RN to BSN
Toll-Free Phone: 888.684.5335 ext 3383
Melanie earned her B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies with an emphasis in Sports Science from Chowan University before earning my M.S. in Sports Management from Baker University while coaching college volleyball. She is passionate about guiding current and prospective students to reach their educational goals and seeing them succeed with confidence. In her spare time, she enjoys concerts, road trips, boating, and volleyball.
Business Administration, Accounting, Healthcare Administration, and guest students
Toll-Free Phone: 888.684.5335 ext 3384
Daniel earned his B.S in Communication with an emphasis in Public Relations from Emporia State University in 2014. He is excited to help people achieve their goals and live their best life. In his spare time, he enjoys photography, being outdoors, and spending time with his family.
Christian Ministries, Criminal Justice, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Information Systems Management, Information Systems Management, and Organizational Psychology
Toll-Free Phone: 888.684.5335 ext 3326
Katrina earned her A.S. in Liberal Arts from Butler Community College and will graduate with a B.A. in Psychology in the Summer semester of 2021. She is excited to be a part of the process that empowers students to achieve their goals and help them on their journey to success. In her spare time, Katrina enjoys spending time with her family, cooking & baking, and hanging around the campfire.